IZB HotSpot – Wireless Internet
You need a standard notebook capable of supporting 802.11b/bgn WLAN or mobile device; also a mobile telephone.
Do you have the right browser?
Out Hotspot “izb4free”can be used with all standard internet browsers and all operating systems, including Apple iOS and Android.
How does it work?
Please contact the main desk of the IZB Tel. 089-5527948-15 or the reception Campus at Home 089- 1892876-100. There you will receive the access data.
The IZB Internet access is free.
1. Responsibilities and obligations of the user
1. The user is required to provide complete and truthful information when requesting a user name / password combination, as well as when logging in.
2. The user is entirely responsible for the security and secrecy of the login user name / pass word combination assigned to them, and in particular ensuring that these cannot be seen by any other person. They are expressly prohibited from providing another person with the login user name / pass word combination to allow this other person to access and use the W-LAN hotspot.
Complaints concerning the performance of the W-LAN service provided by the IZB can be submitted by the user in writing to the following address: IZB GmbH, Am Klopferspitz 19, 82152 Martinsried.
1. After logging on, the data traffic transferring between the notebook / mobile device of the user and the ITB Hotspot is sent unencrypted. Data between the notebook / mobile device of the user and the established connection with the ITB Hotspot can therefore possibly be seen by a third party. Secure data transfer within the W-LAN area can only be achieved when the user uses specialized security software.
2. The user is entirely responsible for this security. Any claims for compensation resulting from using a non-secure connection are excluded, so long as the event causing the damage is not caused by intentional or grossly negligent conduct on the part of the IZB.
3. Use of the publicly accessible Internet is undertaken at the user’s own risk. The user is entirely responsible for all damage to their hardware or software, loss of data or other kinds of loss that can be attributed to using the service, so long as the event causing the damage is not caused by intentional or grossly negligent conduct on the part of the IZB.
4. Limitation of liability
1. The IZB only provides WLAN access to the Internet. The content accessed online is not checked by the IZB, especially not for damage-causing software (e.g. viruses). Unless clearly stated otherwise, all content that the user accesses via the WLAN connection is external content according to §5 Section 3 of the Tele Service Act. The IZB assumes no warranty for the accuracy and completeness of the information provided by itself or any third party.
2. The IZB is not liable for any damages incurred by use or access by third parties logging in with the user name / pass word combination assigned to the user, so long as the event causing the damage is not caused by intentional or grossly negligent conduct on the part of the IZB.
3. The IZB reserves the right to block an existing WLAN connection, if the user uses it in a breach of contract, or contrary to legal requirements. Following blocking of access, the IZB is entitled to payment for the full extent of the commenced access period.
The data provided by the participant for the user name / pass word combination is only collected for the purpose of justification, configuration, or changes in the services described in these conditions for participating. In particular, these data are never passed on to third parties. The user is entitled query the service provider about the data stored about themselves at any time, at no cost. After termination of the contract the data of the participant is immediately deleted, provided the data are no longer required for settlement of the contract. Moreover, data widely available from the publicly accessible Internet do not fall within the scope of the IZB.
6. Other provisions
1. Oral agreements do not exist.
2. German law applies. The place of jurisdiction is Munich.